CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Research, research, research...

So, I've got my nose in books that are not my own lately. Since I decided to write my own vampire book, I decided to read up vamps. My first selection is Bram Stoker's 'Dracula.' We all saw the movie (which was quite good), but there is always so much more to the story when you read the book. Not really in this case...the book is written as a series of journal entries, telegrams and letters written by the different characters. I'm not fond of this type of storytelling...I don't get enough from it. Sure, it gives a different sort of insight into each character's thoughts an feelings, but it doesn't tell the story as it is. But, who am I to say? This book was first published in 1897 and has not been out of print since then. Next, I will pick up one of the many books about vampires that is listed on Amazon.com. Dunno why I suddenly want to write a vampire novel, I've never really been into them, but they seem a good catalyst for a horror novel...so, that's my angle.

Aside from that, I'm working on a different book as well...I've recently gotten back into the habit of writing. Not quite like I used to, but I am quickly working back towards it.

Finished watching the Charmed dvd's last night...definitely my new favorite show. Though, I'm glad that I'm finished watching it...fuck, that gave me some really weird dreams! Well, I am off to be early...I've been so tired at work this week and it makes the day drag on longer.

0 comments: