That time to blog, I mean. Sorry I've been absent for a whole month, I've been working things out and trying to get my duckies lined up yet again. Ya know that phrase, 'she's got all her ducks in a row?' Well, lining up duckies is an arduous task...those little fuckers don't fall in line as easily as one might like.
Magazine update...I got an email last week from a product placement chick for the movie "Whip It," which is being directed by Drew Barrymore and stars Ellen Page. It's a derby film...I'm told that Drew loved that mag and wanted to use it on camera. So, watch for the cover of issue #2 to get some face time...unless it ends up on the cutting room floor. So, it's exciting to have a piece of my work recognized. How did it get there? Well, the production crew was out at the TXRD warehouse and wanted some swag for the flick...Ginjure snuck a couple of copies of the mag in and the rest is history. That being said, I'm still working on a huge decision with regard to the future of the magazine.
Speaking of the flick, I got the book 'Derby Girl,' which the movie is based on. I've only read the first three chapters, so I can't really say that I like it or not. It's hard for me to read b/c it's in first person and I hate first person fiction...it never lends enough insight into the other characters. The only thing I will say is that so far, I'm not crazy about it. I'm doing this new thing where I try to read at least one book every week. Next week, I'm reading 'Mommie Dearest'...man, I can't believe I've waited this long to read it. I'm waaaaay excited to get it. That is one of my absolute favorite movies ever.
Other stuff? Yeah, there's other stuff...wanna know what happened between blogs? Well, somehow I became a full-on Buffy-lovin' geek. In less than a month, I buzzed through all seven seasons and now own them on DVD. Wow, did I just lose all of my cool points? No worries, it's still me...I'm working on a couple of books right now and I'm going to start a re-write on Eleven at some point. I want to re-release it in the Spring. And still more stuff....work is good. I'm loving this job and I am starting to feel like I wanna be a career girl in the office supplies game.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
It must be that time of the month...
Posted by Miche!e at 7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment