This is something that I've been thinking about for a really long time. As an artist, it's not unusual that I have friends who are also artists. I have actually been inspired a great deal by my friends in the art community. Sometimes I just had to sit back and say 'wow' because I was just taken aback by their gusto.
Now, that was a time when we were all a bit younger and it seems like some people have 'grown up' and I'm still rolling around in fairy dust. It makes me wonder...is there a time when you have to grow up and give up those dreams? Lifes change and priorties get shifted around when you pack on the years, but why do we let go of our dreams? Me, I'm still pushing my career-harder than ever, actually. Am I refusing to grow up? I mean, it'd be easy to just say 'fuck it' and go to work every day and that be my life. But, then what good am I? I've worked so long to get what I've got and I may be on the brink...or I may be kidding myself. Kidding or not, I can't give it up because it's all I know. My career may not love me back, but I love it with every fiber of my being. My dad thinks I'm selfish because I'm still chasing the same rainbow I saw more than twenty years ago. I think that it's because I haven't reached that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...but, see, that's not why I chase it. It's kinda dumb and maybe a little corny...but does anybody remember that frog (KERMIT!!) that used to sing about the rainbow connection? That's why I do it.
Now, I don't have a Peter Pan complex...I honestly don't believe that you have to give up to grow up. Maybe I have a superhero complex, but that's for another time...oh, and I hate clowns and needles.
Monday, December 31, 2007
Giving up or Growing up...
Posted by Miche!e at 12:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment